Bethesda Promises Patch for PS3 Skyrim Next Week

November 22, 2011 -

Bethesda announced that it is hard at work fixing bugs and glitches associated with various versions of its epic RPG The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. After pages of forum posts and an avalanche of consumer complaints, Bethesda will attempt to fix the issues plaguing PlayStation 3 Skyrim players with a new patch next week - after the Thanksgiving holiday.

"PS3 and 360 updates have been submitted for certification. PC coming too. Current estimate is they will be live the week after Thanksgiving," said Bethesda's Pete Hines.

"On the list for this update is improved performance for long-term play on PS3."

A large number of PlayStation 3 players have been plagued by a glitch with save files. After playing a few hours those files get bigger and - once they hit the nine MB mark - the game begins to become laggy. As the player attempts to soldier on in this lag, the game performance gets worse, eventually making it unplayable. Xbox 360 users have also reported texture issues and PC owners are dealing with fair share of glitches and technical quirks, but Bethesda has not confirmed a patch to fix these issues on other platforms.

Given that there are 3.5 million copies of the game on various platforms in the hands of players - with another 3.5 or so copies in retail stores - there's no doubt that Bethesda wants to get an outstanding technical issues squashed so they can concentrate on releasing DLC.

Source: GI.biz

Comments

Re: Bethesda Promises Patch for PS3 Skyrim Next Week

You can reapply the large address aware fix via the code injection method up on skyrimnexus.  It's the same thing that was done for FO:NV (same author) and works perfectly.  Look for FAA fix.

Re: Bethesda Promises Patch for PS3 Skyrim Next Week

I hope for the console people's sake it's more helpful that today's PC patch.  All the PC patch did was ruin one of the fixes users have come up with to keep Skyrim from crashing so often.

Re: Bethesda Promises Patch for PS3 Skyrim Next Week

360 user.  Can't say I've really had any unusual problems with the game.  Just the occasional freezing when loading a new area, but that's been a problem in every Bethesda large world game I've played (Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3).  And that doesn't happen frequently enough to make me mad.  It happens after a few hours of playing.  It's the game telling me to take a break :)  As far as texture issues, I have 25 hrs logged so far and have only had 2 textures on some dragons not appear properly, but definitely not game breaking.

Sounds like PS3 users have it bad though with the lag issues.

*knocks on wood*

Re: Bethesda Promises Patch for PS3 Skyrim Next Week

The bigger the game the longer the beta stage, I'll wait for the whole game to be released in a super mega game of the year package.

---

Patreon

Deviantart

MechaCrashYeah, even I think IP needs to dial it back.05/22/2015 - 12:35am
Mattsworknamesays05/21/2015 - 11:17pm
Andrew EisenThat's an... interesting way to interpret that.05/21/2015 - 8:36pm
Goth_SkunkAnd re BBC vs Rockstar: Ahh. I missed that. Woops!05/21/2015 - 8:33pm
DocMelonheadYou could say that the Mary Sue only interested in Gender issues in pop culture, and they only see GamerGate as a Hate group that fight for the oppressive status quo.05/21/2015 - 8:22pm
MechaCrashWell, can't blame him for not expanding on it and missing stories here. Sealioning people demanding proof of claims and then calling them liars when they provide it is busy work!05/21/2015 - 8:20pm
Andrew EisenRe: Mary Sue - Uh, why exactly? Re: Rockstar - Yep, we reported that earlier today.05/21/2015 - 8:12pm
Goth_SkunkRockstar is suing the BBC. http://ow.ly/NgzDm05/21/2015 - 8:00pm
Goth_SkunkWhy I don't take The Mary Sue seriously, and why you shouldn't either: http://ow.ly/Ngzkk05/21/2015 - 7:55pm