Sex Education Game Privates Wins BAFTA

November 28, 2011 -

Indie game studio Size Five Games has won a BAFTA for controversial sex education game, Privates. The game won the Learning Secondary BAFTA.

"It’s a complete honor and a total shock,” Size Five’s Dan Marshall said about receiving the coveted award that honors the best and brightest entertainment that the United Kingdom has to offer. "I was excited enough about being able to start all my Press Releases from now on with the words ‘BAFTA-nominated’, but winning one is a whole other level."

"I can’t thank BAFTA enough for honoring a tiny studio who made a weird little game. It was a great night, and I’m brimming with pride," he continued. "To stagger home with one of those oh-so-familiar shiny metal face awards is so surreal, and completely magical."

Privates is a platform shooter that lets the player takes control of squad of condom-hatted marines as they explore and conquer various reproductive organs in the human body and blast away at monsters that represent bad things such as germs and diseases. The game was released as a PC title, but never made it to Xbox Live Arcade due to its subject matter.

You can check the game out and download it for free at sizefivegames.com/privates.

Comments

Re: Sex Education Game Privates Wins BAFTA

And then parental groups will want the game destroyed as well as this reward taken back.

Matthew Wilsonmetaphorically speaking of course04/17/2015 - 9:40pm