New Xbox 360 Dashboard Causing Problems for Some Users

December 7, 2011 -

Microsoft is rolling out the new Xbox 360 Dashboard, but not without some problems, according to a report at IGN.

Apparently, users are getting video and connection issues, while others are reporting problems as serious as a dead console.

Microsoft's Major Nelson tweeted for everyone to watch the Xbox Live Status Page for updates, and the latest update has all services being restored except for Epix. The page also notes that:

Users may experience difficulties with the following services:

• A subset of users will experience issues viewing Beacon activity under the "My Activity" and "My Beacons" tab.
  • Users will be unable to purchase content from the Windows Phone Marketplace.

We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

IGN is having users post their experiences in the article's comments section.

Thanks for the tip, Andrew.

Comments

Re: New Xbox 360 Dashboard Causing Problems for Some Users

I haven't had any crashes, but the UI just sucks. I guess that is a bug. ;)

Also that screenshot, that is the old version of the dashboard, not the 2011 Metro.

Re: New Xbox 360 Dashboard causing problems for some users

Par for the course for any firmware/interface update.  I already had one freeze and a crash since the update.

Also, I think that the Kinect software was updated, because now it seems to be hell-bent on figuring out where both my hands are at all times, even if one is clearly out of view- which causes occasional cursor stutters as the system tries to guess which hand I am using to point with.  I don't remember having that problem before, but then again it could be confirmation bias.

Re: New Xbox 360 Dashboard causing problems for some users

Yeah, I expected this stuff to happen and as far as the Kinect update I think your right. I can't drink a beer without the Kinect thinking I want to do something.

-----------------------------------------

Managing Editor at TheBestGameSiteEver.com

Papa MidnightWow, EZK. Oh my goodness, that timeline is huge.03/04/2015 - 6:59pm
E. Zachary KnightIt's the Super Mario timeline. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/386496/smbTimeline_huge.png03/04/2015 - 6:49pm
prh99There are the various URL shortening services.03/04/2015 - 6:45pm
WymorenceIronic that they're releasing a game about cops and robbers in essence while they don the "extortionist" mask...03/04/2015 - 6:38pm
james_fudgeI'm not a miracle worker :)03/04/2015 - 6:09pm
Craig R.That link is still awful due to the fact that the entire article title is part of the URL :P03/04/2015 - 6:00pm
MonteI'm really waiting to see more publishers get serious backlash for those horrible DLC practices03/04/2015 - 5:48pm
MonteBattlefield with prioty servers for those that pay... sounds like EA wasn't a big supporter of Net Neautrality03/04/2015 - 5:47pm
PHX Corp@james_fudge thanks03/04/2015 - 5:28pm
james_fudgePHX Corp. I shortened your link for you03/04/2015 - 5:18pm
Andrew EisenAgain, folks, please oh pretty please remove all that extraneous crap from the ass end of any links you wish to share. Everything from the "?" and on can be removed.03/04/2015 - 4:31pm
PHX Corphttp://www.destructoid.com/prepare-to-pay-full-price-twice-to-unlock-all-of-battlefield-hardline-s-exclusive-features-288492.phtml Prepare to pay full price twice to unlock all of Battlefield Hardline's exclusive features03/04/2015 - 4:26pm
Andrew EisenNew Age of Ultron trailer but someone hit the Image Stabilizer button and the damn thing jumps around so much I refuse to watch it until it's fixed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAUoeqvedMo03/04/2015 - 4:10pm
WonderkarpNobody cares about Wu, IanC. Moving on. Anybody playing DBX? I'm loving the hell out of it.03/04/2015 - 4:07pm
MechaCrashBecause of course NOW all the threats and harassment are real and neither false flags nor publicity stunts. Gee, I wonder what's different about all the other times Wu got harassed! Gosh, sure is a mystery!03/04/2015 - 3:52pm
ZippyDSMleeSince I dumped the escapist I need a good game site, is there anything worth while anymore?03/04/2015 - 3:48pm
ZippyDSMleeThe order looks and plays great...for a 35$ game!03/04/2015 - 3:43pm
IanCAlso no talk about how Wu is getting attacked by antogamergate people for daring to have a chat with a gamer gate dev and realising that they aren't all bad people? No? Oh well.03/04/2015 - 3:37pm
IanCThe Order's framerate is fine.03/04/2015 - 3:36pm
ZippyDSMleeThis just in the word fool has been banned because it offends fools. That’s nice I guess. If you look at context you can separate word usage without having to ban words in fear of offending someone.03/04/2015 - 3:36pm