New Xbox 360 Dashboard Causing Problems for Some Users

December 7, 2011 -

Microsoft is rolling out the new Xbox 360 Dashboard, but not without some problems, according to a report at IGN.

Apparently, users are getting video and connection issues, while others are reporting problems as serious as a dead console.

Microsoft's Major Nelson tweeted for everyone to watch the Xbox Live Status Page for updates, and the latest update has all services being restored except for Epix. The page also notes that:

Users may experience difficulties with the following services:

• A subset of users will experience issues viewing Beacon activity under the "My Activity" and "My Beacons" tab.
  • Users will be unable to purchase content from the Windows Phone Marketplace.

We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

IGN is having users post their experiences in the article's comments section.

Thanks for the tip, Andrew.

Comments

Re: New Xbox 360 Dashboard Causing Problems for Some Users

I haven't had any crashes, but the UI just sucks. I guess that is a bug. ;)

Also that screenshot, that is the old version of the dashboard, not the 2011 Metro.

Re: New Xbox 360 Dashboard causing problems for some users

Par for the course for any firmware/interface update.  I already had one freeze and a crash since the update.

Also, I think that the Kinect software was updated, because now it seems to be hell-bent on figuring out where both my hands are at all times, even if one is clearly out of view- which causes occasional cursor stutters as the system tries to guess which hand I am using to point with.  I don't remember having that problem before, but then again it could be confirmation bias.

Re: New Xbox 360 Dashboard causing problems for some users

Yeah, I expected this stuff to happen and as far as the Kinect update I think your right. I can't drink a beer without the Kinect thinking I want to do something.

-----------------------------------------

Managing Editor at TheBestGameSiteEver.com

Mattsworknamehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Vx4_prmvo09/01/2015 - 3:18am
MattsworknameTotal bisquit talkes about why teh Deus X pre order systems is garbage.09/01/2015 - 3:18am
PHX CorpI'll probaly Start the stream around 8PM Eastern08/31/2015 - 10:09pm
PHX Corpand now it's ready to go for everyone08/31/2015 - 9:35pm
Andrew EisenThat's why I embed the chat box from my Twitch Page. Can't get chat on the YouTube page to work either.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Andrew EisenI do but I haven't seen a way to incorporate viewers to chat without specifically inviting them to the event.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Goth_SkunkThough I'm surprised you'd not be familiar with this, Andrew. Do you not use Google Hangouts when you do S.P.A.C.?08/31/2015 - 8:45pm