Peter Moore: Battlefield 3 Took Market Share from MW3

December 8, 2011 -

According to EA's Peter Moore Battlefield has either taken market share from Modern Warfare 3, has added millions of new customers into the mix, or both. The COO of EA insists that Battlefield 3 has successfully taken a slice of Modern Warfare 3’s market share, even though the latest title in Activision's top franchise has become the fastest selling entertainment product of all time.

"It's early days and we're only a month in – we feel very good about it," Moore told IndustryGamers. "Two entities have benefited from Call of Duty and Battlefield being on the market: gamers and the industry. Together we've grown the genre enormously. 10m [copies of Battlefield 3] sold in and 5m sold through doesn't come out of nowhere – if we haven't gained share, that means in the first week we've added 5 million new FPS gamers."

"I think when the dust fully settles, maybe when we're looking at this at the end of our fiscal year (March 31, 2012) we'll do an analysis and I think we will have taken share," Moore added I don't think there's any doubt about that, unless everything BF3 sells is just incremental."

One thing Moore didn't take into account is that some consumers who just happen to love gritty modern-day military shooters may have bought both games...

Source: MCV

Comments

Re: Peter Moore: Battlefield 3 Took Market Share from MW3

Well BF3 is the better game in multiplayer. Multiplayer is what will be sustaining BF3 sales the rest of this year. MW3 multiplayer was a real let down this time.

Re: Peter Moore: Battlefield 3 Took Market Share from MW3

It happened to me.  Bought B3 and haven't felt the need to get MW3.  B3 is more then enough and I enjoy the ability to pick specific servers.

I've owned both the previous MW's.  No real interest in this one.

Re: Peter Moore: Battlefield 3 Took Market Share from MW3

Or, you know, people could be playing both games...

Re: Peter Moore: Battlefield 3 Took Market Share from MW3

Hey everyone, I just won at Skyrim!

See, I can do it too.

Re: Peter Moore: Battlefield 3 Took Market Share from MW3

I wouldn't believe anything EA says, especially since they can easily piss off people

Re: Peter Moore: Battlefield 3 Took Market Share from MW3

Dunno about pissing people off specifically, but I do know that for many years now EA's been caught time and time again lying in broad daylight.

WonderkarpMy Ipad likes to capitalize every word when I'm on game politics.01/25/2015 - 6:29pm
ConsterI Was Talking About You Capitalizing The Starting Letter Of Each Word.01/25/2015 - 5:56pm
WonderkarpI didnt know we were talking about Capitalism. What do mass shootings have to do with trade and industry that is controlled by private owners for profit?01/25/2015 - 3:28pm
ConsterYou do realize that what you're doing right now isn't what capitalism means, right?01/25/2015 - 2:39pm
WonderkarpActual Thing, Never Proven :P We All Know That You Dont Need Evidence For Something To Be Real, Huh.01/25/2015 - 9:40am
WonderkarpConster, I was quoting Anita Sarkeesian01/24/2015 - 10:39pm
ZippyDSMleeodd its not wanting to post half the time 0-o01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleetest01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleeWonderkarp: They tried to be natural with God Of Wars QTE’s, sometimes it felt random which I hate the most in QTEs. The way you interface with gameplay (press X to get X result) should never rely on randomly generated mechanics unless it’s a status01/24/2015 - 7:57pm
Andrew EisenI've passed your comment on.01/24/2015 - 5:45pm
Neo_DrKefkaHey GamePolitics staff can you guys work out the way the ads are delivered via mobile? Sometimes any attempt to do anything on this site automatically forwards you to download "Flappy bird" on a shady site or another thing. It just hijacks my Safari01/24/2015 - 3:47pm
WonderkarpI feel like the only good QTEs were the ones in the God of War series. I dont know why though.. maybe its the visceral carnage01/24/2015 - 1:13pm
ZippyDSMleeprh99: QTEs are dumb I ever understood the need for them outside being cheap and wanting to pad mechanics with scripted events that use only a few buttons.01/24/2015 - 12:58pm
InfophileAnd a more detailed breakdown of expenses here: http://imgur.com/L46SUMw01/24/2015 - 12:42pm
InfophileFor anyone still complaining about where the funding for Tropes vs. Women went: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4z6qa561roidh5/femfreq_annualreport2014.pdf?dl=0 (page 16) Not that this will actually stop claims of fraud, but it's good to have a counter.01/24/2015 - 12:38pm
prh99Linux kernel patch breaks Witcher 2. Apparently it was a wrapped Windows version instead of native port. http://m.slashdot.org/story/21270301/24/2015 - 11:12am