Peter Moore: Battlefield 3 Took Market Share from MW3

December 8, 2011 -

According to EA's Peter Moore Battlefield has either taken market share from Modern Warfare 3, has added millions of new customers into the mix, or both. The COO of EA insists that Battlefield 3 has successfully taken a slice of Modern Warfare 3’s market share, even though the latest title in Activision's top franchise has become the fastest selling entertainment product of all time.

"It's early days and we're only a month in – we feel very good about it," Moore told IndustryGamers. "Two entities have benefited from Call of Duty and Battlefield being on the market: gamers and the industry. Together we've grown the genre enormously. 10m [copies of Battlefield 3] sold in and 5m sold through doesn't come out of nowhere – if we haven't gained share, that means in the first week we've added 5 million new FPS gamers."

"I think when the dust fully settles, maybe when we're looking at this at the end of our fiscal year (March 31, 2012) we'll do an analysis and I think we will have taken share," Moore added I don't think there's any doubt about that, unless everything BF3 sells is just incremental."

One thing Moore didn't take into account is that some consumers who just happen to love gritty modern-day military shooters may have bought both games...

Source: MCV

Comments

Re: Peter Moore: Battlefield 3 Took Market Share from MW3

Well BF3 is the better game in multiplayer. Multiplayer is what will be sustaining BF3 sales the rest of this year. MW3 multiplayer was a real let down this time.

Re: Peter Moore: Battlefield 3 Took Market Share from MW3

It happened to me.  Bought B3 and haven't felt the need to get MW3.  B3 is more then enough and I enjoy the ability to pick specific servers.

I've owned both the previous MW's.  No real interest in this one.

Re: Peter Moore: Battlefield 3 Took Market Share from MW3

Or, you know, people could be playing both games...

Re: Peter Moore: Battlefield 3 Took Market Share from MW3

Hey everyone, I just won at Skyrim!

See, I can do it too.

Re: Peter Moore: Battlefield 3 Took Market Share from MW3

I wouldn't believe anything EA says, especially since they can easily piss off people

Re: Peter Moore: Battlefield 3 Took Market Share from MW3

Dunno about pissing people off specifically, but I do know that for many years now EA's been caught time and time again lying in broad daylight.

Poll

Will limiting Steam services to accounts that have spent at least $5 eliminate spammers?:

Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm
Andrew EisenGreat, but that STILL doesn't tell me what she said, why she was attacked (or what the attack was) or what "standard line" she's following. Details, man. Details!04/24/2015 - 3:25pm
Andrew EisenOr what the heck Nina White (someone else I've never heard of) is actually referring to.04/24/2015 - 3:24pm
Matthew Wilson@AE she is a game dev. she used to do stuff with hormanix and now works with https://outact.net/#!/?page_id=2 she will often engage and debate both side.04/24/2015 - 3:23pm
Andrew Eisen...following.04/24/2015 - 3:23pm