Peter Moore: Battlefield 3 Took Market Share from MW3

December 8, 2011 -

According to EA's Peter Moore Battlefield has either taken market share from Modern Warfare 3, has added millions of new customers into the mix, or both. The COO of EA insists that Battlefield 3 has successfully taken a slice of Modern Warfare 3’s market share, even though the latest title in Activision's top franchise has become the fastest selling entertainment product of all time.

"It's early days and we're only a month in – we feel very good about it," Moore told IndustryGamers. "Two entities have benefited from Call of Duty and Battlefield being on the market: gamers and the industry. Together we've grown the genre enormously. 10m [copies of Battlefield 3] sold in and 5m sold through doesn't come out of nowhere – if we haven't gained share, that means in the first week we've added 5 million new FPS gamers."

"I think when the dust fully settles, maybe when we're looking at this at the end of our fiscal year (March 31, 2012) we'll do an analysis and I think we will have taken share," Moore added I don't think there's any doubt about that, unless everything BF3 sells is just incremental."

One thing Moore didn't take into account is that some consumers who just happen to love gritty modern-day military shooters may have bought both games...

Source: MCV

Comments

Re: Peter Moore: Battlefield 3 Took Market Share from MW3

Well BF3 is the better game in multiplayer. Multiplayer is what will be sustaining BF3 sales the rest of this year. MW3 multiplayer was a real let down this time.

Re: Peter Moore: Battlefield 3 Took Market Share from MW3

It happened to me.  Bought B3 and haven't felt the need to get MW3.  B3 is more then enough and I enjoy the ability to pick specific servers.

I've owned both the previous MW's.  No real interest in this one.

Re: Peter Moore: Battlefield 3 Took Market Share from MW3

Or, you know, people could be playing both games...

Re: Peter Moore: Battlefield 3 Took Market Share from MW3

Hey everyone, I just won at Skyrim!

See, I can do it too.

Re: Peter Moore: Battlefield 3 Took Market Share from MW3

I wouldn't believe anything EA says, especially since they can easily piss off people

Re: Peter Moore: Battlefield 3 Took Market Share from MW3

Dunno about pissing people off specifically, but I do know that for many years now EA's been caught time and time again lying in broad daylight.

MattsworknameYeah, i got started and then made it through t the first few misions anthen blood borne05/23/2015 - 10:13pm
Goth_SkunkWhich one, Dragon Age?05/23/2015 - 8:20pm
Wonderkarpalso waiting patiently for Batman.05/23/2015 - 7:36pm
MattsworknameIn still trying ot beat that game the first time. Freaking game has so much side questing05/23/2015 - 7:34pm
Goth_SkunkPlaying a third and probably final playthrough of Dragon Age: Inquisition. Once that's done, I'll move on to AC: Unity, most likely, then get caught up on A-list games I have yet to play, like Murdered: Soul Suspect and Shadows of Mordor.05/23/2015 - 6:33pm
MattsworknameIf you own a vita and like monster hunter, but dont like the bs filler that goes with it. Try tokiden kiwmai05/23/2015 - 6:11pm
Matthew Wilsonaparently their servers got crushed, but I dont see the game selling well. Nintendo fans tend not to be fans of competitive fps05/23/2015 - 5:48pm
MattsworknameSPlatton looks intersting, Love the are style, gonna give the game a try with the upcoming test fire05/23/2015 - 4:39pm
PHX Corp@Technogeek, I'm returning for one more Run with the Global testfire05/23/2015 - 3:41pm
WonderkarpI'm bouncing all over the place but right now I'd say I'm playing Super Mario 64 trying to max out the stars. 2 worlds and 2 secret stars to go05/23/2015 - 1:12pm
TechnogeekReminder: Splatoon Global Testfire returns this afternoon/evening.05/23/2015 - 12:45pm
Andrew EisenA bit busy with my 30 Days of Netflix project but I did play through the first world of New Super Mario Bros. 2 at a sushi restaurant last night.05/23/2015 - 10:59am
MattsworknameSo, whats everyone playing? Im still knee deep in bloodborne, but finaly beat Rom the spider05/23/2015 - 7:20am
Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm