Australian Court Lifts Ban on the Sale of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Tablet

December 9, 2011 -

Samsung should be happy today as Australia’s High Court removes the country-wide ban that was put on its Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet - the result of an injunction in its continuing trademark disputes with Apple. The tablet had been under an injunction since July of this year.

Australia’s court froze sales of the device earlier this year after Apple filed an infringement suit against the Galaxy Tab. At the time Samsung called the court's ruling "grossly unjust." The thrust of Apple's lawsuits is that the Galaxy tab shares many similarities with the iPad.

Australian courts will take up the case again in March 2012. Samsung has filed a similar lawsuit in the country seeking to have sales of the iPad halted in the region, but the chances of that happening are unlikely. U.S. courts recently denied Apple's request to halt sales of the tablet in the U.S.

Source: VentureBeat

Comments

Re: Australian Court Lifts Ban on the Sale of the Galaxy Tab ...

I hope Apple has to pay damages to Samsung for this.

Poll