Zynga to Potential Investors: We Can Double Our User Base

December 9, 2011 -

Zynga is telling investors as it pitches for its upcoming initial public offering, that it can and will double its user base - a user base that has been in decline for the last few months due to good-old-fashioned drop-off and Facebook's change in the way it measures user activity. "We could see that doubling," Pincus said at the luncheon at a Boston hotel with potential investors. He did not give a time frame for meeting this target. He added during that conversation that customers that actually spend money represent less than three percent of Zynga's total number of players.

The company also said during a video presentation that it now has 13 million daily average users on mobile devices - up from 11.1 million in October.

Pincus said that the mobile game Words With Friends has jumped to 10 million users from 2 million users a year ago. Zynga Chief Financial Officer David Wehner added that the company has ramped up its capital spending, but it is targeting an adjusted EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) margin in the "40 percent range." According to its last filing, Zynga's operating margin based on its adjusted EBITDA is 28 percent for the first three quarters of the year.

Zynga will be holding a similar luncheon in New York and one-on-one meetings with investors as it shakes the tree for big investments.

Source: Reuters

prh99Maybe it's time to rethink your strategy if your enemy doesn't have to make stuff up.02/01/2015 - 5:01am
prh99Also if you don't like someone, harassment and scandals will only get them more attention. Zoe Quinn would probably not be as well known if not for various harassers.02/01/2015 - 5:00am
prh99Personally, I just clicked the three vertical dots the first YouTube recommended one, haven't seen one since. Too bad I can't get rid of Pewdiepie video recommendations that easily.02/01/2015 - 3:19am
prh99Just don't watch the videos, who cares what she does or doesn't do. If her audience likes it so be, if they think she's doing something she shouldn't they'll stop watching.02/01/2015 - 3:14am
Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm