Modern Warfare 3 'Temporary Bans' Last 13.5 Years

December 14, 2011 -

If you've been banned from Modern Warfare 3 for being a jerk or cheating, you can start playing again in another 5,000 days. If you're a 13-year-old and you catch such a serious ban, you'll be 26.5 years old when you can play again. A serious ban is 5,000 days, or 13.5 years, according to MP1st. But don't worry - these bans are dubbed "temporary" by Infinity Ward. While I doubt MW3 has that kind of shelf-life, it's an interesting and mildly amusing way of presenting what is really a perma-ban.

Infinity Ward Creative Strategist Robert Bowling has confirmed the length of the bans, simply saying that "If you see this message, it means you've been Permabanned (for something bad)."

Indeed. While the counting down of days might give some players some measure of hope, it would probably better if they just sent a message saying "your account has been permanently banned."

Source: MP1s by way of The Escapist

Comments

Re: Modern Warfare 3 'Temporary Bans' Last 13.5 Years

Temp bans should last less than 10 days, normal bans 30, prema bans more than a year.....

Ah PC zero thought at play here, lets make a rule thats so assbackwards it takes care of most problems(by causing more for other people).

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Re: Modern Warfare 3 'Temporary Bans' Last 13.5 Years

Moral of the story: Don't be a dick. Play nice, and you can keep playing.

Re: Modern Warfare 3 'Temporary Bans' Last 13.5 Years

You know, when my cousin called another kid in class a chode, he got detention and grounded for 3 days.

Moral of the story is: The punishment will never fit the crime.

Re: Modern Warfare 3 'Temporary Bans' Last 13.5 Years

Esp when, probably for PR reasons, the label of the punishment does not fit the reality.

Poll

Best decade for video games?:

Andrew EisenConster - Sure, give me a few minutes.03/26/2015 - 3:05pm
Matthew Wilsonnot shocked, lets see how gencon reacts.03/26/2015 - 11:01am
Andrew EisenAnd for those of you keeping track, Indiana's SB 101 was signed into law this morning by Gov. Pence.03/26/2015 - 10:58am
james_fudgeyeah!03/26/2015 - 9:17am