Xbox 360 Dominates Redbox Game Rental List for 2011

December 15, 2011 -

Kiosk-based rental firm RedBox has announced the top ten most rented games in 2011, revealing that the Xbox 360 was the platform of choice based on the games rented. The most popular game was Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on Xbox 360, followed by Just Dance 3 for Wii, Dead Island for Xbox 360, Cars 2 for Wii, and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 on PlayStation 3. Clearly the big winner in the list was Modern Warfare 3. Game rentals have been available at the company's kiosks nationwide since June.

Six of the top ten games rented were on Xbox 360, three were Wii games, with  just Modern Warfare 3 representing the top (and only) PlayStation 3 rental. Full list below:

-1 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)

-2 Just Dance 3 (Wii)

-3 Dead Island (Xbox 360)

-4 Cars 2 (Wii)

-5 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PlayStation 3)

-6 Brink (Xbox 360)

-7 The Smurfs Dance Party (Wii)

-8 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)

-9 Call of Duty: Black Ops (Xbox 360)

-10 Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Xbox 360)

Source: GI.biz

Comments

Re: Xbox 360 Dominates Redbox Game Rental List for 2011

I am kind of curious on how much McDonalds (RedBox) has made from video game rentals? I remember renting games in the early 90s for two bucks and I know they are making the big bucks but I am interested in seeing how popular the service is.

Red Box which Call Center is in Oak Brook IL near the College of McDonalds and the Rock and Roll McDonalds copy in Oak Brook has some good call center reps.

ZippyDSMleeShout box sttasahhppppp!!05/22/2015 - 10:47am