Obama Girl Creator Tackles SOPA

December 21, 2011 -

Leah Kauffman, who wrote and sang the popular song "I Got a Crush on Obama" (lip-synched by a woman who would later became known as Obama Girl), has released a new video about SOPA called "Firewall." In the video Kaufman dances with a man dressed as the "Internet" and begs him not to "put up a firewall."

The Philadelphia-based singer and songwriter was recently interview by C|NET about her new song. When asked why she wrote it, she said the following:

"I wrote 'Firewall' in response to the threat that the SOPA and PIPA pose to the health of the technology industry, free speech, and democracy."

She goes on to say that the response to the video she created has been very positive. Finally, when asked if she would still have a crush on the President if he signs the SOPA bill, she said:

"If Obama signs SOPA or PIPA in its current state, I would no longer have a crush on him. In fact, I would have a broken heart."

We urge the President not to break this poor girl's heart. You can watch the entire video to your left.

Source: Boing Boing