Some SWTOR Retail Boxes Missing Activation Key

December 22, 2011 -

According to a 70+ page thread on the Star Wars: The Old Republic forums, a number of consumers have found that their copy did not contain an game activation code in the box. This seems to be isolated to some of the rather pricier $150 Collector's Editions of the game.

EA has responded on its message boards, saying that those missing a code should email support@swtor.com with specific details of the problem. Gamers also have to include a scanned copy of their receipt with their email. EA does not say what players who do not have a receipt still should do.

This latest story on Star Wars The Old Republic comes on the heels of complaints about getting into early access and the long queues to get into the BioWare-developed MMOG on some servers.

BioWare has said publicly that they are looking into it and trying to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

Source: Gamespot

Posted in

Comments

Re: Some SWTOR Retail Boxes Missing Activation Key

Re: Some SWTOR Retail Boxes Missing Activation Key

One of our guild members had this problem, and EA fixed it over the phone with him (I forget the phone number). They did have him scan the receipt and email the scan. He said it took him about 15 minutes. They entered one on the account for him while he was on the phone.

Yes, I am a liberal. I also believe in a strong military, less government, and the right to bear arms.

Re: Some SWTOR Retail Boxes Missing Activation Key

They should of stuck to their guns and limited preorders. Another issue not addressed here many people were given codes to put in for Early Access that were claimed by someone else. Bottom line someone got gready and things got screwed fast.

Good game though bought the CE edition no complaints.

Matthew Wilsonhttp://reason.com/archives/2015/04/09/the-dmca-chill-factor this is why the dmca should be changed or gotten rid off.04/26/2015 - 6:41pm
PHX Corphttp://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/04/assassins-creed-chronicles-china-review/ anyone seen this04/26/2015 - 4:19pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.destructoid.com/director-del-toro-says-silent-hi… Can not say I am surprised sadly. I feel bad for del Toro because every time he tries to do a video game project it falls apart.04/26/2015 - 1:42pm
Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm