Who Supports SOPA: Special Interests

December 22, 2011 -

The House Judiciary Committee has released this PDF with a list of organizations and companies that support the anti-piracy/rogue web sites bill, Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA). We have listed some of the companies that have publicly thrown their support behind this controversial legislation, but today we offer the full list.

Among those who support SOPA: Marvel Entertainment, News Corporation, Go Daddy, Disney Publishing Worldwide, Gospel Music Association, and some odd support from unions such as the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT). Law enforcement also seems to think SOPA is a good idea: the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) as does lobby Americans for Tax Reform.

There is an odd mix of special interests groups in this list that would make both sides of the isle twitch with revulsion. Normally Lamar Smith would be lambasting unions for using their influence and money to adjust public policy, and democrats would rather eat baby kittens then agree with a group like Americans for Tax Reform.

The list contains a total of 142 companies and organizations that think this bill is a wonderful idea. You know who’s not on the list anywhere? The citizens of the United States of America.

Comments

Re: Who Supports SOPA: Special Interests

The only group that should matter.

Re: Who Supports SOPA: Special Interests

IBEW?  I've got a phone call to make, then.

Re: Who Supports SOPA: Special Interests

Hey, if the price is right a ;politician will say anything.

ZippyDSMleeShout box sttasahhppppp!!05/22/2015 - 10:47am