GameStop Declares iOS Trade-In Program a Smashing Success

December 28, 2011 -

In a press release issued this morning video game retailer GameStop trumpeted the success of its iPod, iPhone and iPad buy-back / trade-in program. The company claims that in the months since it began accepting trades on iOS devices, it has seen "strong consumer enthusiasm for the program." GameStop customers trading in an iPod Touch get up to $180 in cash or in-store credit, up to $300 for an iPhone, and up to $400 for an iPad.

"The velocity of this trade program has exceeded our expectations," stated GameStop president Tony Bartel. "We expect to see strong post-holiday traffic as customers trade in older models that were replaced by gifts.”

GameStop says that, with the success of this program, it will expand the availability of GameStop refurbished devices for sale in select stores and online at www.GameStop.com.

The company did not divulge just how many iOS devices had been traded in nationwide in the last few months.

For details on the iPod, iPhone and iPad trade-in program, check out www.GameStop.com/iTrades.

Posted in