Anonymous Targets Sony over SOPA in New Video

December 30, 2011 -

A new video supposedly from the hacking group Anonymous warns Sony that they are soon to be targeted for their support of the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA).

"It has come to the attention of the Anonymous activist community that you have chosen to stand by the Stop Online Piracy Act," Anonymous warned Sony in its latest video. "This act will halt online businesses and restrict access to many sites for many users. Supporting SOPA is like trying to throw an entire company from off a bridge. Your support to the act is a signed death warrant to SONY Company and Associates."

"Therefore, yet again, we have decided to destroy your network. We will dismantle your phantom from the internet. Prepare to be extinguished. Justice will be swift, and it will be for the people, whether some like it or not. Sony, you have been warned."

Earlier this year, Anonymous attacked Sony for its lawsuit against hardware hacker Geohot, who jailbroke the PS3 to return "OtherOS" (which allowed the Linux operating system to run on Sony's console) to the system. A lawsuit followed by a settlement between Geohot and Sony was eventually reached.

Source: Destructoid

Comments

Re: Anonymous Targets Sony over SOPA in New Video

Can't they do something useful like mess with China,Iran, and North Korea?

Those are where real crimes against humanity and free speech happen.

Re: Anonymous Targets Sony over SOPA in New Video

Nah, because that might actually have consequences.

Re: Anonymous Targets Sony over SOPA in New Video

It would be funny as hell to see a pissed off North Korean official.

Re: Anonymous Targets Sony over SOPA in New Video

Agreed.  They're certainly not helping by doing the high-tech equivalent of throwing bricks through the window with threatening messages.  Thuggery is not warranted in this situation.  Seems they only know one trick: hack anything they don't like.  It looks like they're chomping at the bit for this thing to get passed.  I also saw what looked like pre-prepared statement in case it did pass where they pretty much promised to bring the internet to its knees.  These are not the kinds of people we want on our side, thank you.

Re: Anonymous Targets Sony over SOPA in New Video

See you next Tuesday.

Re: Anonymous Targets Sony over SOPA in New Video

So these are our "allies"? Not helping...we're screwed.

Re: Anonymous Targets Sony over SOPA in New Video

If anything they're making the case for them to pass it.

Re: Anonymous Targets Sony over SOPA in New Video

Great, so these fuckwits are going to punish, probably again, the consumers. Seriously, Sony won't be hurt by this, it'll be the consumers who use PSN who will be hurt by it by not being able to use what we paid to access. We don't need ANOTHER month and a half outage.

Fuck you anonymous, FUCK YOU!

Poll