Happy New Year from GamePolitics

December 30, 2011 -

On behalf of the ECA and GamePolitics, I wish our readers a happy and joyous new year! May 2012 turn out to be everything you imagine it to be, and may the forces that continually seek to take away our rights to play what we want and to express ourselves in the name of the almighty dollar be utterly humiliated and defeated.

I hope that you think we have done a good job of bringing the issues that affect every-day consumers to light in 2011 and that we can continue to do the same in 2012. It goes without saying that there are a lot of big issues facing consumers in 2012, including pending anti-piracy laws, company contracts that seek to take consumers’ rights away, restrictive anti-piracy schemes that make software cumbersome to use, the continual war against used game buyers, and the general oppression of free speech in the name of security, safety, and fighting against copyright infringement.

While these issues may not be on the top of everyone’s list in the wake of a floundering economy, a do-nothing legislature that is more interested in posturing than finding solutions, and an election year that will bring almost every important issue on hold, we will continue to shine a spotlight on what we think is important.

On a personal note, I thank you for your continued support, your constructive criticism and your daily visits to our tiny little corner of the Internet. You are the best readers on the planet.

Happy New Year!

- James Fudge - Manage Editor, GamePolitics.

Comments

Re: Happy New Year from GamePolitics

New year,slightly new cig, enjoy the zippyness :P

Oh ya and chapter 2 is done on my book project thingy. hehehehehehe