More Ocean Marketing Antics

December 30, 2011 -

I will be the first to say that I don't want to write another story about Ocean Marketing’s sole employee Paul Christoforo, but recent events warrant that we will write one last story on this guy who has spent the last 48 hours being punished for some pretty reprehensive behavior. The latest chapter in this internet drama relates to Christoforo holding the e-mail and social media accounts for the N-Control game controller hostage, demanding extra compensation, and a contract - the details of which are pretty vague.

This is according to Moisés Chiullan, who took over the public relations for the company after Christoforo was ousted. Chiullan discussed the situation in a Reddit "Ask Me Anything" discussion. After revealing Christoforo's bad behavior in that thread, Christoforo decided to cooperate with the company.

Chiullan writes on Reddit:

I’ve been trying to get him to give up the access to these things he’s been holding hostage (email accounts, Twitter, etc) by asking nicely for a couple of days. The gloves are off now.

Paul told me on the phone two hours ago that "Eight months ago, I locked down all this stuff so they wouldn’t be able to fuck with me. If they don’t give me what I want, it’s war." His demands include a contract written on his terms and substantial compensation, both immediate and for as long as the company continues to exist. He flaunted the PR debacle he created as proof that he "made the company a success," citing all the media and public attention as the "best thing that ever happened to Avenger."

He didn’t count on the fact that I anticipated all of this and have been a computer hardware and web tech since I was 14.

A few hours after the AMA, Chiullan tweeted on the Avenger Controller Twitter account: "Happy to report that Mr. Christoforo has abruptly become very forthcoming regarding digital assets that he was previously withholding."

While the drama is minor, it shows that Christoforo may not have learned his lesson yet.

Source: VentureBeat

Posted in

Comments

Re: More Ocean Marketing Antics

It's a shame really, this story had sort of come full circle to the point where people were beginning to sympathize with the guy, and then he does this.

lol what a douche

Re: More Ocean Marketing Antics

He reminds me of Stanley Woo

Re: More Ocean Marketing Antics

So basically the guy stirred up a shitstorm for the company, and is now holding information hostage unless he gets what he wants. Fucking baby, he's pulling a JT. I see a lawsuit coming.

Re: More Ocean Marketing Antics

No, he ‚Äčtried‚Äč to hold the accounts hostage, but stupidly forgot that any administrator worth his or her salt will have a backdoor to access these things.

Re: More Ocean Marketing Antics

Still, even trying ot do so to get his way makes him a king douche.

MechaCrashYeah, even I think IP needs to dial it back.05/22/2015 - 12:35am
Mattsworknamesays05/21/2015 - 11:17pm
Andrew EisenThat's an... interesting way to interpret that.05/21/2015 - 8:36pm
Goth_SkunkAnd re BBC vs Rockstar: Ahh. I missed that. Woops!05/21/2015 - 8:33pm
DocMelonheadYou could say that the Mary Sue only interested in Gender issues in pop culture, and they only see GamerGate as a Hate group that fight for the oppressive status quo.05/21/2015 - 8:22pm
MechaCrashWell, can't blame him for not expanding on it and missing stories here. Sealioning people demanding proof of claims and then calling them liars when they provide it is busy work!05/21/2015 - 8:20pm
Andrew EisenRe: Mary Sue - Uh, why exactly? Re: Rockstar - Yep, we reported that earlier today.05/21/2015 - 8:12pm