Report: THQ Cuts 170 Employees

February 1, 2012 -

More than 170 employees have been cut from various THQ studios, including high profile game industry veteran Mark DeLoura (who served as vice president of technology at the company), according to Kevin Dent, chair of the IGDA Mobile SIG. Dent, who is also the CEO of Tiswaz Entertainment and an advisory board member at PlayHaven, said earlier this month that THQ had canceled its entire 2012 line-up. The company vehemently denied that rumor. Yesterday it was revealed that NASDAQ had threatened THQ with being delisted from the U.S. stock exchange for not meeting the requirement of trading at or above $1.

Dent is also the same source who revealed that THQ had cancelled its most recent licensed Disney game. They eventually confirmed that to be true. He also said that Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Online had been shelved.

THQ has neither confirmed nor denied Dent's latest statement. For now consider it a rumor while we await some official statement from THQ.

Source: GI.biz

Posted in

Comments

Re: Report: THQ Cuts 170 Employees

"THQ had canceled its entire 2012 line-up. "

I didn't even know THQ had a 2012 lineup.

 
Forgot your password?
Username :
Password :

Poll

Should 'Hatred' have been removed from Steam Greenlight?:
 

Be Heard - Contact Your Politician