VentureBeat has revealed the full list of speakers and moderators for GamesBeat 2012. The event will feature a who's who of video games journalists including GamesBeat lead writer Dean Takahashi, Wired's Chris Kohler, GamesBeat culture editor Sebastian Haley, Inside Social Games editor A.J. Glasser, IGN Mobile editor Justin Davis, GamesIndustry International writer Steve Peterson, GamesBeat editor-in-chief Dan “Shoe” Hsu, TechCrunch writer Anthony Ha, and many others.
A complete list of roundtables, discussions, and "fireside chats" can be found below - you'll note that even ECA president Hal Halpin has decided to moderate a chat this year:
- Dean Takahashi, the lead writer for GamesBeat: a conversation with Mark Pincus on the industry opportunity for play
- Martin Rae (pictured right), the president of the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences: Disruption + Adaptation (game investments)
- Dean Takahashi: A conversation with Bing Gordon
- Chris Kohler (pictured left), Game Life Editor at Wired: Game Rewards: Should You Be Paid to Play Games?
- Brock Pierce (pictured right), the managing director of Clearstone Global Gaming Fund: The Hottest Game in Town (social casino games).
- Matthäus Krzykowski (pictured left), a cofounder, Xyologic: Ask the Analysts Roundtable.
- Sebastian Haley, GamesBeat culture editor: Making Indie Games.
- Chris Baker, senior editor, Wired magazine: The Asian Games Roundtable.
- A.J. Glasser (pictured right), editor of Inside Social Games: King.com’s Crossover Saga
- Dean Takahashi: fireside chat with Seamus Blackley, a co-creator of the Xbox and head of Innovative Leisure.
- Steve Fowler (pictured left), the general manager of the Ayzenberg Group: Conversation with the Mighty Eagle (Rovio’s Peter Vesterbacka).
- Eric Eldon, coeditor of TechCrunch: Fireside Chat with Disney’s Bart Decrem.
- Sebastian Haley: Crowd-funding Your Games: What Could Go Wrong?
- Dan “Shoe” Hsu, editor-in-chief of GamesBeat: Retail & Digital Convergence: How Retail Can Meet the Evolving Needs of the Gamer.
- Justin Davis, IGN mobile editor: Jumping into Mobile (conversation with Activision’s Greg Canessa).
- Dean Takahashi: The Changing Nature of Publishing (conversation with Benchmark Capital’s Mitch Lasky).
- Dean Takahashi: The Real Platform Wars: Consoles vs. Browsers (conversation with Kixeye’s Will Harbin).
- Jane Pinckard, the associate director of the Center for Games & Playable Media at UC Santa Cruz: Case Studies in Crossover Strategies.
- Mark Friedler (pictured right): game executive, Worlds and Games; Overcoming Hurdles in Monetization, Distribution, and Discovery.
- Steve Peterson, a writer for GamesIndustry International: App User Acquisition Today & Tomorrow — Where Is It All Headed?
- Anthony Ha (pictured right), writer at TechCrunch: Platform Owners Panel.
- Gus Tai, the general partner for Trinity Ventures: Who’s Got Game Startup Contest.
- Dan “Shoe” Hsu: Crossing Over From Japan to the U.S., from U.S. to Japan (fireside with Ngmoco’s Neil Young)
- Dean Takahashi: The Past, Present, and Future of Tencent’s Gaming Services.
- Hal Halpin (pictured right), the president and founder of the Entertainment Consumers Association: Fireside Chat with Disney-Playdom’s John Spinale.
- Dean Takahashi: Fireside Chat with Flurry’s Simon Khalef.
GamesBeat 2012 takes place July 10 and 11 in San Francisco. For ticketing information, check out this event page.