According to data gathered by research firm DFC Intelligence, League of Legends was more popular in Europe and North America than any other PC game - including World of Warcraft. This data comes from social gaming and matchmaking platform Xfire.
The popular online fantasy-themed action strategy game beat out World of Warcraft with nearly 1.3 billion hours of gameplay time logged by Xfire users. World of Warcraft enjoyed more than 600 million hours of gameplay. The data from Xfire also shows that Diablo III saw 172 million hours of gameplay in just 45 days of usage. The list can be found below:
The list is based on usage data from over 21 million Xfire members playing games from July 2011 to June 2012.
- League of Legends - 1,292,502,456 hours
- World of Warcraft - 622,378,909 hours
- Minecraft - 371,635,651 hours
- Heroes of Newerth - 184,520,156 hours
- Diablo III - 172,907,605 hours
- Battlefield 3 - 171,852,550 hours
- MapleStory - 165,503,651 hours
- Starcraft II - 163,980,293 hours
- World of Tanks - 145,702,931 hours
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - 126,754,082 hours