According to research by analyst firm FADE, Xbox Live Arcade set a record for annual revenues in 2012. In 2012 Xbox Live Arcade made $290 million according to the firm. The driving force behind these revenues were three games: Minecraft, Trials Evolution, and The Walking Dead.
The biggest title of all was Minecraft, bringing in an estimated $97.38 million, followed by Trials Evolution at $14.29 million, and The Walking Dead at $10.27 million. Even the lowest game on the top ten list of best selling games managed to rake in nearly $2.8 million.
The full list of games and how much money each earned during 2012 can be found below (from CVG):
- Minecraft (4J Studios) - 4,997,000 Units / $97,388,000
- Trials Evolution (RedLynx, LTD) - 1,002,000 Units / $14,298,000
- The Walking Dead (TellTale Games) - 2,615,000 Units / $10,277,000
- Counterstrike: GO (Valve) - 273,000 Units / $3,973,000
- Castle Crashers (The Behemoth) - 252,000 Units / $3,778,000
- Gotham City Impostors (Monolith Productions) - 258,000 / $3,698,000
- I Am Alive (Ubisoft) - 245,000 Units / $3,609,000
- Tony Hawk's PS HD (Robomodo) - 226,000 Units / $3,261,000
- Alan Wake's American Nightmare (Remedy Entertainment) - 206,000 Units / $2,903,000
- Trials HD (RedLynx, LTD) - 203,000 / $2,799,000