Nintendo issued a press release claiming that it has managed to sell an average of 46,000 Wii Remote controllers a day in the United States since the Wii's release.
The Wii released in the United States in November 2006. Of course, many of these controllers are bundled with a variety of software and Wii systems.
Below is a breakdown:
- 30.41 million included with the Wii hardware
- 12.92 million sold with Wii Play
- 18.56 million white versions sold separately
- 2.44 million black versions sold separately
- 467,500 pink versions sold separately
- 465,200 blue versions sold separately
The NPD Group also reports that Nintendo has sold an additional 52.9 million Nunchuk controllers in the United States through the end of September.